Saturday, April 28, 2012
Autism....If you didn't know
- Autism is the fastest growing developmental delay in the United States.
- Early Intervention is the best option for young children with Autism (ages 0-5).
- Children with Autism usually have social/ communication difficulties.
- Autism is commonly diagnosed in children between the ages of 2 and 3.
- Autism is referred to as a spectrum disorder because the symptoms vary. All children with Autism don't experience the same symptoms.
- Researchers have been searching for a long time but the fact remains, no one has found the cause for Autism.
- Boys are more commonly diagnosed with Autism than girls
- Centers for Disease, Control and Prevention estimates about 1 out of 150 children have Autism.
Let's create an awareness for Autism and other special needs!